|Roads / Material Evaluation /
Borrow Pit Investigation
The economic state of a country is closely related to the state of its road network. One of the factors affecting the structural behaviour of a road is the strength of the various pavement layers. Therefore, one cannot stress the importance of correct materials selection.
Geosure has a wealth of experience in this field, undertaking material investigation for both rural and national roads.
Examples of some of the roads investigated are:
• N5/6 in Aliwal North
• MR 181 between Winterton and Ladysmith
• T38 gravel in the Eastern Cape
• Numerous roads for the Ethekwini Municipality
• Various Industrial Roads e.g. Ferralloys, SAPREF
• Various roads in Swaziland
• Rehabilitation of the Maputo-Chokwe Railway Line in Mozambique
• P68 St. Faith’s Road in Port Shepstone